Making your own wine glass charms is not hard at all. Follow these instructions and you can design and create your own personalized wine glass charms in no time at all.
Materials: Beads of your choice,, wire hoops (I use 25mm earring wire hoops purchased from Fire Mountain Gems – available in silver and gold-plating), and round nose pliers. You will also need either small jump rings to attach the charm to the hoop – or headpins for converting a bead into a charm with its own loop using a wrapped loop technique.
1. Choose your wire hoop. This tutorial uses a 25mm gold-plated wire hoop.
2. Place beads and charm onto wire hoop.
3. Now you need to form a closure for the hoop. The wire hoop has one end with a loop and one straight end. Working on the straight end, use your round nose pliers to bend the end up to make a 90 degree angle.
4. Some people stop with step 3 but I prefer to finish the closure by using my round nose pliers to bend the tip of the hoop backwards to form a u-shaped closure. To do this, grasp the tip of the bent up portion of the hoop end and bend it backwards over the top of the pliers tip.
5. Voila! You now have a perfectly finished wine glass charm. Now complete your set by making several more – you can choose to have four, six or even eight in a set.
Click here to see my Flickr! pics of wine glass charms.